View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 PM  
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ok, so I was bored today and decided to try to jailbreak the 3.1 kindle. My tools were the 3.1 otaup (modified to run on my mac) and the Kindle signing tools. After hours of trying different methods, I have finally managed to create a update package that passes the verification tests in 3.1 otaup. However, my Kindle isn't on 3.1 yet, so I can't test it. If anyone's feeling risky PM me and I'll let you beta test it (if I believe you're trustworthy).

I'm not going to release it until Amazon "officially" releases 3.1 (so they don't patch it last second). The bug I'm exploiting is a weird bug in the otaup script that deals with filenames. Again, I believe my linux sh knowledge is fairly good, but the script is completely untested so if you want to risk it, send me a PM and I'll let you test a "Early Preview Release".

Last edited by yifanlu; 02-21-2011 at 11:55 AM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote