View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #15
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
glad to see someone else has stepped up to help - what baffles me is that just adding a different cover should not cause any chapter headings to go astray. & OP claims original books have working chapter navigation

so those search replace regex wizards woirk on mobi code ?
I tried peeking at one of my mobi books with a wizard , but compared with epub, the book code is a horrible condensed mess ; it looked like chapter waypoints had been changed into filepos code by the epub to mobi conversion ?

ps whoever who posted this on kindle forum has the opposite issue - no chapter points in original Kindle book but a calibre conversion adds them OK
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122072
Search and replace works fine on Mobi input - it supports all input types - the code does sometimes look a lot different, as you've seen, but it works fine.

I'm not sure what the state of Calibre's support for mobi TOC on input is - clearly based on this thread it doesn't seem to support it. Someone else would need to comment if that's expected behavior.

That said, Calibre definitely supports building a TOC for mobi output. The 'sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't' behavior is because most users don't bother configuring the Xpath under structure detection, but the default xpath does catch a number of common chapter headings. Most likely the poster in the thread you linked had chapter headings that were 'Chapter xxx' wrapped in <h2> tags, which works with the default xpath.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote