View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
jasewell
jasewell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Cybmole- Thanks for helping. As far as wanting the cover art on the Kindle, it's just one of those things- if I pay for an ebook, I would appreciate having the cover art there. It's important to me.

Going step by step as you described hasn't worked. I will say this- the book I have does not have a TOC but when reading on the kindle it as the little "waypoints" on the progress bar at the bottom, which indicate the start of each new chapter (easy to navigate). So the initial conversion to .mobi keeps these intact, but when I go in and alter the metadata (change the cover art) and then do another conversion they are lost.

Like I said, I'm new to this but I would like to know what was happening in this process. It will probably go way over my head. But in the conversion, would the area that controls this be the tab "Structure Detection"? If so, I see where words such as "chapter", "section", "part" are used to locate a new chapter. In my particular book the chapter headings are numbers spelled out, i.e.- Chapter 1 in my book is denoted as
"One", "Two", and so on.

Don't know if this helps. Thanks again.
jasewell is offline   Reply With Quote