View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And this is why I prefer resistive screens... I never have problems working my touchscreen even with the thickest gloves!
I always kept my resistive touchscreen devices safely in an inner pocket if it was cold enough for thick gloves (of course, people's thermostats vary; I'm talking about down in the 40's Fahrenheit or below). I've seen too many reports of screens getting permanently damaged at low temperatures.

I'm not sure about the effects of cold on capacitative screens; never seen anything about it. Seems like condensation, at least, would be a problem with any electronic device subjected to rapid temperature changes, though.

Last edited by wayrad; 02-17-2011 at 07:20 AM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote