View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #101
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
After spending the first night with my new Literati, I now have run into a couple of things I need to fix and one thing that I don't like but will have to live with.

The issue that I can't do anything about is more about the case and less about the reader. The case is so close around the D-pad that it's a bit awkward to use. I would usually use my right thumb for it but I can't do that easily. I have to use an index finger to press the right arrow where it is right up against the case. Since the D-pad is not used during reading, it's not a real issue and would not deter me from buying another Literati.

Another thing that is not a defect but I will need to adapt to my needs is the page turn button at night. It's invisible in the dark and I need to put something there that I can feel with my thumb. Perhaps, over time, I would memorize the position making this a non-issue.

The only problem I have run into with the functional use of my Literati is that I can't seem to get it to remember second bookmarks within the same book. It is very possible that this is user error since I haven't read any directions or even looked into it that much.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote