View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Calibre lets you define your own search criteria.

Dale
Unless I am reading it wrong (and that is quite possible), it only searches things that have been tagged. But my problem is, as it's plain text, it hasn't been tagged with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
calibre has an entire heuristic processing section. One of the heuristics is for detecting and applying the appropriate style to chapter headings. TXT input defaults will try to auto detect the paragraph type and the formatting used. If Textile or Markdown are not detected the default is to enable the majority of the heuristic processing options.
As impressive as Calibre is as a whole, all I can say is, it just doesn't work for the ones I've tried it on..

Indeed, not only does it not detect chapters, it runs together most of the paragraphs making the end result unreadable.

So really, Calibre doesn't enter the picture into this process. I am just looking for something to apply before loading the file into Sigil (which detects the paragraphs just fine).
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote