View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Any ideas? (Sadly, ten years ago I could probably write a program to do this, but I don't even have a programming language installed on my computer anymore...)
You might want to install Perl (a/k/a Practical Extraction and Report Language.) It's designed for manipulating text files and performing programmed edits on the content. You use regular expressions to locate what you want to change and take actions based on the results.

It's cross-platform, free, and open source. The best Windows version is probably Active State's: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

They sell supported commercial versions, but a free Community edition is available, with source.

You can also look at Text2HTML, an open source conversion program built on Perl.
_______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote