This plugin offers several shortcuts to execute a Calibre search using whatever text is on the clipboard (Windows shortcut keys shown).
I mostly use it when browsing the web and spot an author or title that I want to see if I already have in Calibre. Copy the web text to the clipboard, switch focus to Calibre then hit Ctrl+S (or it's alternative).
It can also be handy when resolving duplicates within Calibre as you can select the title of the book and do Ctrl+C, Ctrl+S to execute a search on it (the Calibre built-in "Similar search" option does not include titles as an option). Likewise it can also offer a fast way to help find authors that differ in minor ways such as spaces between initials, names reversed etc.
Main Features of v1.3.1:
- Ctrl+S - Execute a text search (no quotes around clipboard text)
- Ctrl+Shift+S - Execute an exact text search (adds "" around clipboard text)
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts and toolbar button default action
- Requires Calibre 0.8.18 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Note as this is primarily shortcut driven it does not *have* to be added to your toolbar/context menu to work.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!