View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Wow, thanks for the help!

If I'm going to start by just having the voice recognition side of things on a computer, I assume the easiest way would be to just send the commands over SSH?

The idea of getting simple speech recognition working with the built in microphone is really exciting, but it's way over my head. I have no knowledge of C

If it was possible to get Python working on the Kindle, I might be able to give it more of a try, but that's probably a crazy way to go about it.

Thanks again!

Edit:

Is there a simpler way to send commands to the Kindle than SSH? It seems a little bit overkill. It also has the downside that you need to fiddle around with drivers to get SSH over USB working.

Telnet?
Yes, it's possible to run python on kindle, I copied python from ubuntu arm port, and from my limited tests, it worked fine.
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote