View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #56
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post

. . . So it's not pod-speak if someone is saying that the books they tend to read are not available from their public library. And it's not boasting on the Kindle owners' part if they claim that they have better access to a wider assortment of ebooks - it's merely the truth.
Oh, I see, you mean like the Harry Potter books.

Tragically this series is not available for the Sony -- but I can just waltz right over to the Kindle store, and ... Oh, crap not available for the Kindle either!!!

In fact I have NEVER run across a SINGLE example of a title that was actually of use to me that WAS available on Amazon's Kindle, but was not available for the PRS-650 by accessing the combined resources of my local library, the Sony Store, Borders, Kobo, and Google Books (3 million titles and counting).

My point was simply that it's kind of nice that I can get about 90% plus of my reading material FREE, and for the other 10% I can't imagine a case where Amazon was my only option.

Perhaps you can cite an example of a popular series that IS available through Amazon, but NOT available from Sony, Borders, Kobo, or Google Books???

This question is 'on-topic' for this thread, because in considering the original topic "Is the Sony really that good?", I am sure that everyone will want to know about any books that just aren't available for the Sony, but which could be read on Kindle or another reader.

Last edited by delphin; 01-18-2011 at 11:09 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote