View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by screenreader View Post
-The SD card included. After an evening of cutting, copying and pasting in the sd card included, something went wrong. The card became like corrupt, and was unaccesable by windows, and I had to format it twice, thus deleting all my libraries, and having to copy them again. Again, maybe it was my fault, but this never happened to me with cameras and similar devices using sd cards.
I wonder why so many people seems to have these kind of problems. Did you "eject" or do "safely remove hardware" or "umount" before removing the cable? Maybe the operating system in the Cybook is buffering more data than other devices so this becomes more of an issue under Windows?

Under Linux you definitely are going to get a corrupt filesystem if you forget to unmount.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote