View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #41
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Depends on what's mainstream... their other gadgets have sold pretty well but they were primarily aimed at music transfer to mp3, things like a turntable for vinyl to digital but simplifying the process... either a direct conversion with output to USB or even with burner built in so you put vinyl on platter, blank CD in burner and start... hey presto, audio CD.

I suspect there are enough potential buyers to justify production or they wouldn't have made it but not in the same quantity as the vinyl to mp3 and audio CD devices. That means it's unlikely to drop in price as fast or as far as their audio devices but I still think there will be plenty of takers... and you don't have to be a book collector like me. Think of libraries, currently very limited range of eBooks but what if you can borrow the paper and within 30-40 minutes convert to eformat... may not be entirely legal but you could always comfort yourself with a fair use thought especially if you only have the copy for your personal use... start posting 'em on torrent sights and that's a whole new ballgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Okay, cool. Is the difference going to be worth it for most people, though, do you think? It seems like a good curator tool, and definitely good for a Gutenberg-sized project, but is it a mainstream device?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote