View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #32
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
It isn't a scanner, it says it isn't a scanner... it's camera based, takes a page at a time without scanning over the page like scanners. Other point concerns the stand approach, it lets the book be used without going flat and, in many cases, being destroyed just like the high end pro book scanners that use two DSLRs.

Many books I want to scan are over 40-50 years old with brittle-glue holding the pages together... flat scanners, whether multi-function devices or not, destroy such books and since many of my books are worth a damn sight more than a $100 this would be counter-productive... that's why this device is attracting a lot of attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
1) This device is essentially a scanner. People have been using scanners for decades. I doubt there's a legal problem.

2) This device is essentially a scanner. I don't see the point of it unless there's some automation. Looking on Amazon, I can see a page full of multifunction printers (i.e., print, fax, scan, copy) that are less than $100.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote