View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #50
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I don't know how anyone can listen to Audio books on an ereader of any sort. If you have to hold a "book" and sit, unless you have eyesight problems, it's so much easier to put it on an mp3 player and clip it to my collar with short wire ear buds. MP3 on my readers are for reading music only.
Aside from the things you mentioned, I don't like to put the extra cycles on the ereader rechargeable battery that the higher load of audio playback generates. The Lithium Ion battery should be good for hundreds of cycles, but with lot's of MP3 playback you could be hitting that point after only a year or two.

But occasional MP3 playback is fine, and when traveling I invariably take the PRS-650, and it's nice that it's built in MP3 player works so well because that's one less thing to have to tote around.

Background music is indeed nice, especially while flying, and even nicer when you can actually CHOOSE which album you would like as background music from several on your reader (which can NOT be done on the Kindle, but CAN on the Sony)

But in general, I agree that most of the time a dedicated MP3 player is a much better choice, in the case of the Kindle this choice is made for you because the built in MP3 player is pretty much USELESS.

Last edited by delphin; 01-15-2011 at 10:44 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote