View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN View Post
While working on some ePUB files I started wondering if there is a way to show changes between 2 versions of an ePUB, maybe with the possibility to merge them. Also a connection to a version control system like SVN or even CVS would be useful in an production enviroment.
An epub file is just a ZIP archive of various text-based content files. If you want to version these, just store the un-archived version of your epub inside a history-tracking repository like SVN.

Quote:
Is there a way to hook Sigil up to a SVN repository and show differences between versions to, somehow, manage an ePUB file during production?
No, see above.

Quote:
In a related question, is it possible to have some sort of pre-processor linked to Sigil so with a few variables a different version of an ePUB can be saved?
No. This sounds like a pink bidet.

Quote:
Also FlightCrew will be included in Sigil soon, I like to have a way to 'hook' other checkers like ePubCheck and ePubPreFlight to ensure I checked with at least ePubCheck as that is what publishers use. (Although if FlightCrew says it's ok, it's probably valid for the other checkers, but just to be sure
Currently, no; in the future, perhaps when I add scripting abilities to Sigil. You should be able to do it then.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote