View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #13
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I finally renewed my library card just so that I could try out borrowing library books on my Sony and my Aluratek. Out of 5 I borrowed, I only read one of them before they expired, just because I was busy reading other books I already had on my ereader. However the two books on the Aluratek are still readable, so I might get around to them one of these days.

I can't say, though, that accessibility to library books has changed my book purchasing pattern in any way. The books I want to read, as always, are usually not available in my library system, whether as a paper book or an ebook. My reading focus is much more genre-oriented than it used to be, much of which is only available in paperback, and my library just doesn't budget for those books.

I know that the availability of ebooks and my ebook readers have resulted in my purchasing less paper books, but part of the reason for that is that I have so many paper books already in my TBR shelves. A lot of them a series books, and I've been getting the earlier books in the various series in ebook format (rather than digging them out of my boxes of books in storage) and re-reading them to remember what was going on in the stories. So I haven't been keeping up with the new paper books and buying them. I actually have some gift certificates to B&N and Borders that I've been hanging onto for months - most unusual for me.

Given the fact that any book is out there for the taking on the Dark Net, I've surprised myself by buying more ebooks than I thought that I would. I have taken advantage of the ease of buying books on my PDN with the B&N and Kindle Android apps.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote