View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #123
stevehaley
stevehaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
A note on your notes:
It is documented correctly. Switch and several other functions are used in single-function mode, and they do not have the field parameter. It is implied. When these functions are used in template program mode or general program mode, the parameter is required. The documentation says this, but in text. I have made changes that I hope makes the text clearer.
Sort of follow it now - some examples would definitely help us less gifted
Fraid I am one of those that learns by piecing together others code snippits

Quote:
Also, I found a problem yesterday with general program mode composite columns used in plugboards/templates. The program itself was substituted, not the evaluation of the program. Have you verified that your plugboard {#kindle_title} puts the values you expect into the book?
No problems here - appears to work fine for me thanks. Have just reloaded the Kindle and everything went through fine.

Thanks for the code suggestions - will try them.
Performance doesnt appear to have been a problem hence the laziness but I only have 2000 books in the system and am running a quad core.
I am absolutely useless at regexp as it is not something I have ever used.
My coding style has always been to lay everything out and pre-process as much as possible in logical chunks as find it easier to read when things get really complex and I find it more flexible. In real life it allows me to export chunks into external compiled functions easily.

Did a minor mod so that if I put a short title in then it used that as a default
ie
str_default =test(field('#alt_series_name'),str_title2, str_title1);

Quote:
I have considered changing the creation dialog to use the same multi-line editor that F2 uses. This would make entering complex templates during creation much easier, at the expense of making entering simple templates take another click or two. Opinions?
Personally - would leave as is - wasnt a biggie for me walking in as a newbie and most people are just going for simple expressions I would guess.

thanks for all the work on this - seriously appreciated
stevehaley is offline   Reply With Quote