View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #53
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This year, Santa was especially nice to me... he gave me an iPad and a Nook Color, which allowed me to do tests on... wait for it... PDFs, in the form of magazines and ebooks.

I played a PDF ebook on the iPad and the NC, and it rendered perfectly.

I discovered the magazine PDFs I had would not play properly on the iPad: They formatted correctly, but the body text came out garbled (you may have seen the effect that looks like the letters in the sentence have been mixed about and run together, rendering the lines unreadable). This was after trying 4 different reading apps (Adobe does not yet make an app for the iPad).

However, on the Nook Color, these same PDF mags rendered perfectly.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote