View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you likely have some sort of caching proxy on your internet connection that is caching the website calibre polls to check for the latest release. Thereby causing calibre to think the latest release is the previous one.

EDIT: I've added headers to the webpage taht should hopefully prevent all caching (unless the cache is broken)
I dont have caching proxy on my computers or home network (that I can see). I always try to set the computers, software, etc have a direct connection to the internet.

It may be my ISP that is doing the caching, as their proxy servers have caused problems in the past with the slow up dates of their proxy/caching servers.

Anyway Calibre is not showing the update is available message now/this morning.

I'll check it again with the next update.

Great software BTW, It has replaced the Sony and Kobo library software for me, I only use (have to, not by choice) ADE to download purchased books, that I then load into Calibre for transfering to my e-readers.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote