View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Actually you can back up AZW files, just copy from the kindle to a memory card or your computer. I have backed up all my DRM'd AZW files. So if Amazon goes belly-up tomorrow, I still have my stuff.

Also I just don't get the Kindle vs Sony stuff. How is Kindle DRM any worse than Sony DRM?!?! I don't read a lot of DRM stuff anyway. Kindle does read txt files and non-drm'd mobi files.
Basically the only difference between Sony DRM and Amazon DRM is the name of the company. As far as non-DRM content Sony is worse than Amazon but has been out long enough that third party (not from Sony) solutions exist and that tends to make it better in the eyes of many. This is due to the fact that it has been out more than a year, it is not as a result of Sony's efforts.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote