View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I think the format has to be updated to "version 4" before "editing" would even be a possibility, and if BD output "version 4" Mobi files it would probably already have the Author etcetera. I suggested a while ago writing LIT files from BD, converting to OEB with ConvertLIT, and then to MOBI with mobigen.exe. This was in the context of getting a TOC (which added complexity to the task). I can't test this because BD LIT needs MS Word, which I don't have. It might be a viable work around until BD can be upgraded with better MOBI support.

Another possibility would be html2mobi. Use mobi2html to explode the existing version and html2mobi to recreate it with author etcetera. However, this requires Perl under Windows, and, in addition, when I tried mobi2html it extracted the html but did not completely "explode" the file (i.e. I don't think mobi2html followed by html2mobi currently replicates the original). This approach is in principle viable though. We just need a Perl on Windows "expert" to get us started.
It is actually pretty easy to get Perl running on Windows. Occassionally however Perl want some Unix utilities but again this is also pretty easy to get on windows. I use cygwin for unix commands (but may are ported separately_ with a Perl installation and an emacs installation. My machine command line looks like Unix whenever I need it to.

There are also Linux versions that are bootable entirely from a CDROM so you can just boot into Linux anytime you wish.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote