View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
I had finally decided to invest in the samsung galaxy tab as I really like the size and I want a device I can read books and browse the internet on. Then I read a review and discover it does not have a USB port which I thought it had. It was the lack of the usb port that put me off the IPAD. How can I transfer across all my books without a usb port and without doing individually through internet?
I have seen the advent vega advertised and this has a usb port but havent read much about it and also the archos 70.
Please advise
Thanks
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab on the day it became available on T-Mobile (11/10) and I am VERY happy with it. (And I know others who love their iPads, etc., as well). Choice IS a good thing!

BUT, I also own a Sony PRS-505 dedicated e-book reader that I am also VERY happy with (1200 items on it, mostly from MR Thank you!), and I also own a Sony Video Walkman for audio books that I also am VERY happy with.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab (SGT) has wireless as well as mobile broadband (the latter for a fee of course) but you can download a lot with the Android ebook readers that access several Internet ebook libraries thru the OPDS Internet Library format.

Also, the SGT has a microSD slot (up to 32 GB), and you can buy a USB type holder for it to plug it into, fill it up on another computer, then put it back into the SGT (I have a 16 GB, since the 32 GBs are not priced competitively yet.

So. What are your needs, your budget, etc.? The SGT is a great device, but there are lots of choices out there!
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote