View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
You no longer can go by what is posted on the nookdev site. It is seriously out of date. There have been nooks with 1.4.3 firmware that have had the older socket chip, and once you have 1.5, there is no way short of removing the back to tell what chip is on the board.

If it was mine, I would wait until nookdev updates their info. 1.5 is worth it and 2.5.1 has multiple bugs which can be frustrating for a new softrooter. In the mean time, consider removing the back to see what you have.
I agree with chas0039. I would wait since your nook came with 1.5 installed by b&n. You most likely wont be able to pull the router/dns hack (you can try though) and downgrade to 1.0.0 will most likely brick your nook (that i would not try, since I saw mixed reports whether it can be unbricked).
spec is offline   Reply With Quote