View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I didn't realize there's a distinction made. That's interesting.
Yes, this difference tripped me up initially trying to figure out how to change pages... I can definitely see uses for both types of viewing. I will try to summarize the differences that I notice below.

PDF's viewed in the Book Reader:
Searchable; no landscape; can select text font size but can't change background theme color; change pages by swipe left or right (or tap); shows book name on top bar across screen; table of contents viewable; bookmarks with selectable list; no annotations; no dictionary; remembers last page read

PDF's viewed in Quickoffice:
Not searchable; can be portrait or landscape; pinch-zoom or use +/- signs like web browser; change pages by swipe up or down; shows file name on top bar across screen; no table of contents; no bookmarks; no annotations; no dictionary; does not remember last page read

When PDF's are side-loaded in the "Books" folder, they show a generic "book" icon. When PDF's are loaded in the "Documents" folder, they show a generic "PDF" document icon. Which folder the PDF is loaded in does not make a difference which viewer opens it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote