View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Kindle3 owner here... tried the NC at the store the other day...

I hope this doesn't come across as trolling, these were my honest opinions on the device...

Too heavy... without a case, it was already heavier than my K3 with its lighted leather case.

Too big, though not big enough. The example materials were magazine pages that didn't scale well to the screen. This could be resolved with magazines that are actually designed for the device, but images of paper pages didn't work well on the screen. It wasn't easy to zoom and pan, panning was a bit choppy, making the experience worse.

It's still LCD, and all press releases aside, it's still too reflective. The matte finish on my eeePC screen is FAR better than the NC. The resolution is too low, and it still emits light. Text looked much more pixelated than the eInk display on my K3 or the LCD on my Android phone.

Overall I was happy that I decided to go with the K3 rather than waiting for this next generation Nook.

Again, not trolling, just sharing my opinions for those who are on the fence.
Thanks for your insight. Your points are valid and the Color isn't for everyone. For my needs, the Color is the best Android tablet currently out there. That said, I won't be using it to read novels. It's too heavy and the backlit LCD still bothers my eyes for long reading sessions. I still plan to get an eInk reader as my main reading device.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote