View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
From my very quick look it seems the Verizon Hotspot feature does have infrastructure capability...and there IS a way to get that working on a non rooted phone. Send me a PM and I can explain further. It's not overly complicated if you are already rooting your phone and installing custom ROMs.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Which device (manufacturer, type)?
Samsung Fascinate, Rooted, Clockworkmod recovery

Which firmware is installed?

What version of wireless tether are you using?
I have used Pre5, 9, and 10
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start the tether. it only supports Ad-Hoc connections, but the phone will allow infrastructure mode in the 3g mobile hotspot app.

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. there is also a Barnacle Wifi legacy app and there is at least one review that says it works on Samsung Galaxy S where the regular Barnacle wifi did not. Have you tried the legacy version?
Great, thanks. I don't am at work and won't have time to send you the details until I get home late tonight. I appreciate your help. A lot! Thanks again.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote