View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
From my very quick look it seems the Verizon Hotspot feature does have infrastructure capability...and there IS a way to get that working on a non rooted phone. Send me a PM and I can explain further. It's not overly complicated if you are already rooting your phone and installing custom ROMs.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Which device (manufacturer, type)?
Samsung Fascinate, Rooted, Clockworkmod recovery

Which firmware is installed?

What version of wireless tether are you using?
I have used Pre5, 9, and 10
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start the tether. it only supports Ad-Hoc connections, but the phone will allow infrastructure mode in the 3g mobile hotspot app.

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. there is also a Barnacle Wifi legacy app and there is at least one review that says it works on Samsung Galaxy S where the regular Barnacle wifi did not. Have you tried the legacy version?

Last edited by French; 11-30-2010 at 12:29 PM.
French is offline   Reply With Quote