View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
No, I can't. If two files have the same metadata, and I DO have some like that, it will export only one of the two files...
That stems from workflow that I stated I'd let others comment on.

Quote:
Plus, I want a clean library without needing to export.
Calibre provides a clean library. It isn't possible to address everyone's unique OCD symptons.

Quote:
I do need to keep the original version of my e-books, as well as the edited one.
Calibre doesn't alter or change your original in anyway so they will still be where they started untouched.

Quote:
I have to keep the original version, in case i screw up. That's perfectly justified. I also keep the file with drm, just in case.
Don't try to tell me what I need, or don't need.
What you need or don't need has nothing to do with the internal structure of calibre. At the risk of repeating myself, You do not need to change calibre's library structure.

Quote:
Software are there to do what the user tells them to do, not the other way around. Unless this is fixed, calibre is just total useless to me.
It is possible calibre isn't for you, but I or others here could create an acceptable workflow to accomplish even your unique view.

One idea is to create 3 libraries. One for your source files, a second for your working files, a third for finished files. Books can be copied from one library to the next library at any stage.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote