I just finished my personal version(s) of an "Italian-to-English" Dictionary. (EDIT1: Two different fonts used.)
EDIT2: There are also two versions "English-to-Italian" further down: (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...8&d=1197408251
I got the original text files from www.freedict.com
, converted it to html, formatted/added items, imported it into Acrobat 5 (not: Reader), made some smaller changes and saved it as PDF.
The file is meant for my SONY PRS500. Size is according. (EDIT3: Engl.>Ital. has page numbers.)
Navigation of the 10,000-plus words is by jumping to
a) letters (A,B,C... - rare letters moved to end)
b) list of starting-words, 3 "pages" apart (a,aiuto,amore,auto...) => max. 3 page turns per word (IF contained)
BUT it is a normal PDF, so you can read it like any other...
IMPORTANT: I used freedicts ORIGINAL text list -- which means all THEIR faults (e.g. some doublets etc.) are in it AS IS.
If anybody is intersted in this (so far very personal) projects, has any questions or remarks (have pity on me!) I'll be glad to discuss 'em.
Hope it's of use to someone "out" there!