View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
Fact: You agreed to a abide by a license as a condition for getting an eBook. By stripping the DRM off, you have violated that license.

That is illegal. What remains to be seen is what the publishers are going to do about it.
If that "license" is legal in the first place... I've seen licenses that had to be adjusted because they didn't conform the basic rights of citizens.

Besides, have you ever actually read any of the eula's?

Let's take Fictionwise:

Quote:
Users may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of these product(s), in whole or in part.
Whoops, I'm not even allowed to transmit it to my different readers after I downloaded it on my PC. And I'm not allowed to show off my reader to friends/family/collegues because I'm not allowed to display even a part.

Last edited by Sweetpea; 11-24-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote