View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weateallthepies View Post
No probs. Have just checked and it looks like the archive on the website isn't as complete as the feed in iTunes so I'd recommend downloading through iTunes if you can. It's in the iTunesU section but if you search it should be obvious.
Hmm, I've got the archives right now, will check it out on iTunes as well. Thanks for checking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
adity, I recommend this jazz website forum:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?/index

Many intelligent guys who can answer your questions, including recommending books.
Thanks! Will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
'Jazz Appreciation' was, as a musician myself at the time, one of my favorite college classes. It was worthy of a semester of study. The rabbit hole is as deep as you want it to be.
I know! That's why I stopped reading up on Wikipedia and am hunting for a single source which can get me started before I delve deeper Oooh and I love this kind of rabbit hole as long as you don't have to take a test and the reading is for pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
As a musician who plays the stuff it's nice to know someone actually appreciates it! All of the above seem to be good suggestions, and of course the best way is to listen to as much as possible.
Yes I've been listening to it a lot over the past few months, although I must admit it did take a while before I could identify particular tunes and artistes!
I think Jazz and the Blues are way way better than any of the hip-hop out there nowadays. Now that's one genre I simply do not get, don't think reading will help with that one. .
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote