Thread: Classic Nook 2
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I took my nook in to compare side by side with the K3 and the pearl screen is a minor upgrade at best. Not something I would jump to a new device for. There really isn't much wrong with the nook that the K3 fixes. Screens on both are easy to read with. The K3 has better battery life, but honestly the 4-5 days I get from my nook are plenty. The K3 is lighter, but also feels cheaper and more flimsy.

I hope B&N does a new eink device at some point, but the current nook is pretty special and gets so much right I can deal with the few minor issues it has. The kindle has the biggest issue of any device out there, no ePub support.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote