View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #65
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Dunno what others have said about this book, but here's my 2c worth.

Our very own K C May has created a fantasy world of excitement, sufficiently different from the traditional to be interesting even to one for whom fantasy is not the stuff of life. The characters are well-drawn, the story holds you, and the book ends with at least me wishing for more.

KC is an American, and at first the occasional transatlantic idiom grates a bit, as one is used to these books having an air of Old English, rather than New American, but one quickly passes that stage, absorbed in the struggles of her creation.

Very well worth the (I think) $2.99 that it cost. Don't know if that was a special offer, but I think I'd recommend it up to $5.00.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote