View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle Hack Information Wiki Page

I'm working on a new page for the Visual Kindle Guide wiki. It's called Kindle Hack Information and is a collection of links to threads and posts for the current working hacks for all Kindles.

Some hacks already have their own hack instruction pages (font and screensaver). Some of the new hacks will be added after they are out of beta (Duokan) and others may never get their own instruction page (usbnetworking).

I've been combing through the Kindle forum trying to make sure I've found all the working hacks but I'm sure I've missed some. If you know of a hack not included on the Kindle Hack Information page, please post it here. The information can come from sources other than MR (though from my Google searches all roads tend to lead back to MR when it come to Kindle hacks).

There are also some hacks that I need more information about. Here they are:

The ScreenSaver Last Page Hack - Does this still work and for which Kindles?

The ScreenSaver Timeout Hack - Does this still work and for which Kindles?

USBNetworking - Which Kindles does this work on (I think it's all but K1)? Also, I never really got my head around it's purpose. Why would someone want this and is it something that would tick off Amazon (which is why it may never have an instructional page in the wiki)? I don't want to put MR in a compromising position and have to remove the page like I had to for the KindlePID and KindleFIX pages.

Thanks all.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote