View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
dwSize is not a pointer. It's the size of MOBI header (EXTH immediately follows it so it looks like a pointer). For version 3 set it to 0x74. EXTH contains only metadata (and DRM ids) so it shouldn't matter if it's missing.
But it seems to matter or something else is wrong. On Gen3 I get a corrupted title and this corruption changes depending on how long the MOBI header is. So I assume it tries to read unitialized memory. Or how do I specify that the metadata does not exists?

What is the difference between version 3 and 4 and why is it preferred to use version 3?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote