View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Defective Screen

I just want to let everyone know the issue I am having with my brand new gen1 Kobo e-reader.

Earlier today, I purchased an original Kobo E-reader from a Coles bookstore. I've since learned that it was the last original Kobo in the city. Interestingly, one location has more than 20 defective units for return.

Out of the box, the reader seemed fine. I immediately plugged it in to my netbook to charge, laying it flat on the table. At some point during the charging, a vertical line, one pixel in width, appeared on the screen from top to bottom. Usually, it is light in colour, but when the screen is blank, the line is black. At the same time, a problem appeared whereby any horizontal section of the screen that has no text or image on it is shaded slightly darker than the blank screen colour. Any section with text or an image appears as a light horizontal band. This is very distracting and seems to make reading uncomfortable, although I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually read anything.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it actually a defective screen as I fear?

I have contacted Kobo with regards to this as Chapters/Coles has told me that they can't help me as there are no more units.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote