View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks guys for the advice so far.

I actually hadn't even considered the 950. I thought it'd be way too big and am a little shocked that it's about the same size as my nook, and lighter! It is now definitely on my list of possibilities as it does seem to have most everything I want. The only thing going against is that it's pretty expensive - $300! I can maybe afford it, but do I want to shell out that money? Any holiday price cuts may make the difference, if there are any.

And $70 is a lot extra to spend for mainly just wifi so I'd need to know if it's capable of doing what I really want it to. Now, I use wifi pretty much exclusively to browse B&N and download sample chapters of books (and of course actual books too). I love browsing around the website on my nook and reading sample chapters of any book I choose. Does anyone know if I can do the same with wifi as far as sample chapters go at Sony's bookstore? Or will the wifi allow me to go to other websites besides Sony's and download previews and books? On the Sony site it made it sound like you couldn't do any of that except download full bought Sony books with the wifi.

Also, the landscape mode on the 950 sounds awesome! Side by side pages just like what I would love! But does anyone know if the 650 offers side by side pages in landscape mode like that?

(and ps - lol at the lopsided poll results so far)
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote