View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #59
Deerslayer
Deerslayer began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
You must remember though that at the very least Kobo support actually participate in this forum, unlike other manufacturers forums, such as Kindle or Sony.
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to find that some Kobo employees participate in a Forum. Most organizations in today's "service" and "support" business carefully restrict their employees from getting too close to the clients. I worked for a large computer services organization for the last few years of my career, having been outsourced to it from my employer of 30 some years. Whereas we used to work directly with those who we provided systems for, this was replaced by the typical beurocratic system - direct contact was discouraged, even the most minor issue or suggestion was to be handled via the "help" desk, and what was good for the end users would be decided by folks well above that level. Help tickets often got closed without the person really being properly taken care of. At the ground level, our clients grew to hate the whole arrangement. Eventually, the organization insourced the most important of their applications. I know that the deteriorating support issue was one of the driving forces - especially as some of the "little people" within the client's organization moved up into positions of greater responsibility.

I suspect that management within Kobo will do what you are saying their competitors do, follow this same model. The public expression of (implied) future upgrades for our purchase will be viewed as a big mistake. Such will not be allowed to happen again! Back to your cubicle, boys and girls, your job is to grind out code.

I, like many other Customers, really do appreciate what several Kobo employees at various levels have done here in the way of listening and supporting their CUSTOMERS. I hope they have not, and will not, suffer grief as a result. To most Customers, the "old" ways of customer relations are fondly remembered and lead to a willingness to continue to buy products from those who still behave in that manner.
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote