View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #91
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle DX
I don't see that much of a need myself for color...

Way way back in the day in 1989 Game Boy came out...game boy outsold rivals not so much because of games...but because of battery life and portibility. Other systems came out in color and it reduced battery life and made it larger and heavier

Now I'm not claiming that this is the same...but..

Color would mostly bring distractions like the Ipad. Sure in some areas it is good like graphic novels or say if color must be illustrated somehow.

The amount of storage is great (8 gigs!) but there's no 3G...I'm sorry but that's a killer app with kindle

I'll admit a touch screen can be nice but this is a device trying to be a cross between kindle and ipad and I really don't think it will work well.

Let's say someone doesn't own a home computer for a moment. if they have a kindle they can buy books around the world. With this they are tethered to wifi...

Certainly National Geographic looks good on this because it's mostly a picture magazine. How good is it reading a whole peer reviewed article from a trade publication? How about TTS?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/n...irst-hands-on/
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote