View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #21
msundman
Zealot
msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FBReader on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
You have not read properly. If you dont want to wait, just keep the CyBook running all the time. The batteries will then last about 5 days when you have it on all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I think you misread what was said. You can change the settings so it never turns off and the battery will last 5 days.
I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. I meant: "I find 22 seconds totally unacceptable, so I would definitely have to have it switched on all the time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
You will soon fall into the habbit of pressing the next page button just in time to finish reading the page and instantly have the next page ready to read.
Should I interpret that as: "it takes almost 2 seconds for it to do something before it starts to redraw the page, and the page-redrawing takes way less than 200 ms"?

If it takes so much processing before the page is turned then I wonder why it doesn't do all this processing immediately after turning the previous page. Then it would be ready to just redraw the page when the user presses the next-button.

Also, if nothing happens for 500 ms after pressing the button then you really don't know if it registered the press or not. I've seen this many times in the various Reader and Iliad videos on the net. The user presses the next-button, then waits for a few seconds before realizing it isn't doing anything and then presses the button again. Or presses the button, waiting for half a second, then probably thinking that it didn't register the press and pressing again just when it starts to do the eink page-flip-dance. An obvious solution to this is to make the button make a sound immediately when the press is registered, but then that would be somewhat annoying (especially to other people in the room).

Last edited by msundman; 11-22-2007 at 11:49 AM.
msundman is offline   Reply With Quote