View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
Yes, it costs quite a bit less than an iPad, but it costs almost double what a Kindle WiFi does; does Nook Color do quite a bit more than a Kindle WiFi does, we'll see. Will someone who isn't a heavy reader want to invest $250 in a narrowly functioning device?
But a Kindle can't display color pics from National Geographic and Nook Color can.

Also, it's not a narrowly functioning device. It has the hardware to stream music and video, surf the net, and to display brilliant, color images. It's more functional than a Kindle.

I'm looking for a device to read magazines and newspapers on; and I want the pics and videos that accompany the articles. The iPad is too big and too expensive. My netbook is too big. Nook Color is the right size and right price. Just waiting to see how it performs, before I make a final decision.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote