View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
...and my friend is rich. He owns less than $15.
I should have seperated those sentences. I did not mean, that 22 seconds ist a fast bootuptime, though it is fast compared to the iLiad (45 seconds), but rather fast in its general operation. And that is with e-ink in mind.

And for your friend beeing rich ... Some people with less than 15$ are richer than others with millions.

Quote:
If you have the auto-shutdown feature turned on, does that mean you have to wait for over 20 seconds when you want to read? I'd find that completely unacceptable.
Well, just leave your CyBook running, and it will last you about 5 days. Instant access. I keep autoshutdown off and just turn off the CyBook, when i know its going to be a while (e.g. over night)

Quote:
How fast? I would place the upper limit of "fast page-turning" at about 200 ms. (For a normal brain to make a interactivity cause-effect association the delay should be no more than 100 ms, though.)
Well eink doesn't allow for those kinds of speeds yet. At least not production ready eink. Pagefliptimes are between 600ms and 2 seconds. 2 seconds i get sometimes, probably due to power management being in effect.

And i have to say, even 2 seconds do not disturb reading continuity for me.

Quote:
So, how much faster is the Gen3 than the PRS-505 (which, I've heard, spends about 2000 ms between pressing the next-button and the next page being ready for reading)?
I cannot compare, since i do not have a 505.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote