View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
I agree with you. Fragments become tiring to read.
Exactly. Several of you have made that point--when they're "punchy" and unexpected, fragments work; when they're used in excess, it's painful and tedious. Sorry, but I think the "Bleak House" paragraphs are an example of just that: overuse of fragments. Intense overuse. To me, it became a long, tiresome list, rather than an entertaining, varied description, punctuated by pithy fragments. Just MHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque
"She was the one that had let them down with her rush to publish. Her need for recognition. Her desire for revenge against Daddy. She let them all down and they would all suffer."
Now this, on the other hand, was a well-balanced mix. Much better than the original...again, IMHO.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote