View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #334
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfrost View Post
However howlers still creep through such as 'paraffin' for 'kerosene.' I assume the copy editor just didn't know what paraffin was, so left it.
Well, that's a new one to me. Is kerosene called "paraffin" in the UK? (It's mostly got me puzzled because kerosene and paraffin - real paraffin - aren't the same thing at all.)

Here in OZ we use those two terms the same way as in the US, so I wonder if the UK's use of paraffin for kerosene is a more recent development?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote