View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Valloric and Theducks
It will be a big improvement when turning off corrections in Sigil is implemented! And it isn't just unclosed code. For example, in the file I had a separate line

<span class="page">jkl;asdfa</span>

This was what I was trying to get rid of all the extra line feeds with regex. Sigil insisted on adding <p> and </p> for this and all similar lines, and every once in a while it likes to add <p>&nbsp</p> and other additions.

I finally went back to Word 2003 for the html editing. If I chop off the first few lines of the html code, Word will accept the file and I can use Wildcards to help make corrections and changes , then I save as utf-8 text file. After restoring the chopped off html, I can then open it in Sigil and polish it a bit. My simple mind does ok with Word wildcards, but have never been successful trying to work with regex and with other program wildcards.
Bob
Naked spans are not valid, so Sigil fixes them by wrapping them in P tags

I remove <p>&nbsp;</p> all the time. You ar missing something (that is invisible to the eye), like a space somewhere else or you added something.
BTW you might need to esc the \; or othe special REGEX chars if they appear in the string. Use find until you get it right., the replace a bunch before using "all"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote