View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeee View Post
Hello everyone!
I received my Kindle today and I had a few questions!

1. How fragile is this beautiful thing? I was pulling it in out of a case and I noticed I was grabbing it by the screen - Just curious as to how shatter/crack prone the screen is?

2. Any applications etc you guys recommend I should look at as a Kindle virgin?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being involved here.
I too, would not take any chances and would definitely get a cover. Personally, if you ever need the reading light, the Amazon cover with the built-in light is fabulous even if it is a little pricey.

Calibre software is another must have. After you have collected a few books from different sources, it's hard to remember what you have. Calibre solves all that and lets you have a complete picture of your ebook library, fix meta data issues and easily send books to your kindle. If you liberate your ebooks from drm, Calibre will also convert any book you obtain to the .mobi format that can be read on your Kindle. (Pdf is still iffy).

As to applications, that's a personal type of thing. The games are cute, but not really easy to play without mousing capability.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote