View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr_nz View Post
Thanks SabreDog. This may be useful to forward to a few friends in Aussie considering ebook readers.

Although the review is a bit shallow, it at least provides a starting place for people to begin their own investigations. I notice, though that the don't include the EcoReader (Hanlin clone).
They had the BeBook Mini which is identical to the Eco Eclipse (and realistically other than the 5" having a toggle wheel on the right and the 6" having volume buttons instead they are essentially identical units. Take those away and you have a 5" with 8-greylevels vs 6" with 16-greylevels).

I think the comparisons were pretty poor. It is more of a list of ereaders that are easily available to Australians (and in Australia).

Be careful though, the new Kindle is priced at $189AUS and the Kobo $199AUS according to cnet (untrue for both). For the life of me I cannot fathom why there is so much emphasis on wifi/3g. If I can sync with my computer I am happy, wifi/3g is icing on the cake.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote