View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
The only device suitable for reading journal papers is the Kindle DX, mainly because of the size of the screen. I read papers perfectly in the 9.7 inches screen. Looks pretty good. The drawback is that you cannot do highlights or annotations in the file. I bought the DX specifically for reading journal papers, since i have to read a LOT of them and printing that much paper seems like a bad idea to me, for all other reading i use the Sony. I also read textbooks in the DX, and it is perfect.

Smaller screens are not suitable for journal papers, if you do not want to reflow text, which is the reality in almost all the cases when reading that kind of document. I have no idea if there is any device with a similar screen size coming up. So i think right now it is the only available option.

Last edited by Salgueiros; 10-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote