View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Hi tesshan

Some of the older Cool-ER firmwares can be a bit temperamental - if a particular book makes it crash, the reader will sometimes continually try to load that same book on start. I keep my books on an SD card, so if it does get into this sort of problem I can just take the SD card out and it won't crash when loading the book since it's not there.

As cyberman suggested before - a complete reflash with the latest firmware should solve the problem.
It shouldn't matter what the PC says, the Cool-ER only really wants a connection for power reasons.

As the Cool reader site has gone down I've uploaded a copy of the latest firmware here.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote