View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Thanks, Polly,
I'm beginning to understand now.

Do you use the "ignobleepub.pyw" method?

I also just downloaded Calibre and then found that Calibre couldn't seem to show my pictures and drawings and also I couldn't find out how upload my existing Sony 350 stuff to Calibre, so I will keep both Calibre and the Sony Reader active. Or did I miss some capabilities on Calibre?
Yes, I found help from ilovecabbages.

Keep them both around, but don't try to use them with your reader at the same time. They both update the same file on your reader. If they both try at the same time, bad things happen.

The easiest way to add books is to drag and drop from a file system (Windows Explorer) and in to Calibre. Your Sony downloads probably went into a folder called Reader Library. You can drag and drop direct from there and do a little updating of metadata from within Calibre. Sometimes book covers come with a book, but Calibre will download them from the internet when you edit metadata.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote